Founded in 1900 in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania Drilling Company has a deep history as a mineral-exploration drilling company. This is your opportunity to join a business that has been conducting geotechnical work for over 120 years.
We offer competitive pay and a sign on bonus after 90 days.
Our Drilling Assistants can enjoy a career path that offers challenge, good benefits and meaningful work with endless possibilities for long-term career satisfaction. You will work with an experienced Driller to position drilling rigs to provide rock core and soil sampling. The work includes driving, operating, and maintaining drill rigs, vehicles, forklifts, skid-steers, and other support equipment used in the geotechnical industry.
This is an entry level position to the Geotechnical drill trade. Looking for trustworthy and reliable people who can work full-time at various project sites. Our work is open bid contracts for the Department of Transportation, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Turnpike, and for privately-owned projects. This work requires travel to project locations in company provided vehicles, along with the potential for out of town travel. Out of town travel is approximately 25% of the time. Project schedules typically operate on a Monday – Friday schedule with occasional weekend and night work depending on project logistics. Workday schedules may be 8-12 hours, depending on need.
What you will do:
- Follow instructions from the driller and project manager related to driving, operating, and maintaining company’s drill rigs, vehicles, forklifts, skid-steers, and other support equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on drilling equipment and vehicles as required.
- Perform physical labor, shoveling, drilling debris, and transporting materials using ergonomically correct lifting techniques.
- Operate hand tools and other equipment.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection.
- Set up traffic control zones in which to work.
- Other duties, as assigned to meet business and customer need.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience working with sonic, auger, or direct push rigs is beneficial but not required.
- Need problem-solving mentality and ability to work productively as part of a 2 or 3 man team.
- Mechanical ability to do minor repairs is useful.
- CDL is a plus.
- OSHA 10/40 certified is a plus.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn from and fill in for driller, when qualified.
- Must be trustworthy and dependable and possess sound interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License for the state in which you reside and satisfactory results of a Motor Vehicle Report.
- Must obtain and maintain an interstate DOT Medical Card and meeting all Federal Interstate FMCSA requirements to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle.
More about the work environment:
- This position primarily works in a heavy manufacturing environment which requires the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions including heat and cold, outdoor and year-round in the presence of loud noises.
- Must be possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operative a motor vehicle.
- Requires local and regional travel at least 25% of the time.
- Remain on feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time.
- Lifting and carrying of objects weighing 50 lbs.
- Employee to wear personal protective equipment such as, safety glasses, face shield steel toe footwear, ear protection and hard hat.
- Repeated motions with wrists, hands, fingers.
Powered by JazzHR