This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking a Safety Engineer focusing on Drilling & Workover Operations to join the Loss Prevention organization (LP), which is the corporate safety organization within the company. We provide both day-to-day in-field occupational and process safety support to This Company operations, as well as centralized technical support and consulting function. Our field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Udhailiyah, Jeddah (including Yanbu and Jazan), and Tanajib. Through these offices, LP provides its services to all facilities and departments that are located throughout the Kingdom. Your primary role as a Safety Engineer (Loss Prevention Engineer) is to is to provide daily support to upstream organizations to provide field and office safety support to manage safety in petroleum engineering, exploration, drilling and workover related activities, including unconventional resources and seismic operations.
- Facilitate the implementation of the This Company Safety Management System, ensuring alignment with its objectives and expectations. Develop associated safety processes and actively participate in self-assessments.
- Conduct inspections of onshore and offshore drilling rigs, workover equipment, and support facilities. Possess comprehensive knowledge of well control equipment and procedures, including attending Basic Well Control School.
- Identify, assess, recommend actions, and follow up on critical safety tasks and control methodologies. Address operational safety practices like work at height, isolation/LOTO, permit to work, hydrogen sulfide, and confined space entry.
- Contribute to safety studies using risk assessment and mitigation techniques such as PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, and insurance surveys.
- Develop and review corporate safety standards, instructions, and procedures specific to upstream operations. Translate these into company-documented practices as needed.
- Review designs of oil and gas field facilities to ensure compliance with both company and industry safety standards.
- Assist in the formulation of Emergency Response Plans for credible scenarios and exhibit familiarity with the Incident Command System (ICS). Participate in emergency drills as an observer and offer constructive feedback.
- Respond to emergency situations and incidents, including after regular working hours, to provide technical guidance and advice.
- Support the reporting, classification, and investigation of all incidents. Actively engage in incident investigations, determining root causes, and providing suitable recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Deliver specialized Loss Prevention training to employees, contractors, and external stakeholders.
- Assume a mentoring role, providing guidance and knowledge transfer to fellow LP personnel.
- This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in any engineering discipline from an Accredited Institution.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience within the oil and gas upstream sector.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of delivering results across various areas, including but not limited to:
- Drilling & Workover operations
- Well planning and approval
- Reservoir management
- Geology and geophysics
- Project management for upstream facilities development
- Oil & gas field development
- Simultaneous operations (SIMPOS) between upstream and construction/downstream operations
- Offshore and onshore drilling rig safety inspections
- Managerial audits/assessments
- Safety program and emergency response plans development
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and management.
- Proficiency in producing clear and concise oral and written reports in English.