Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Drilling Engineer III to work on a 6-month assignment in Houston, TX.
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Drilling Engineer for a Houston-based position. The successful candidate will design, plan and collaborate with field personnel to execute safe, efficient, and cost-effective drilling operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with a multidisciplinary team of professionals to arrive at the most feasible and cost-effective well designs.
- Conduct operations in accordance with company policy, operating agreements, and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Promote safety and environmental expectations with employees and contractors
- Provide fit for purpose well design (casing, directional, cement, and mud programs) and drive continuous improvement through innovation to deliver results that align with business unit goals
- Take a One Team approach and collaborate with other disciplines within the Asset Team to develop well plans that ensure drilling activities support broader team goals
- Maintain detailed drilling procedures in conjunction with field personnel to enhance performance; lead spud meetings with onsite supervisors and contractors to create a common view of success
- Daily engineering support of ongoing operations through communication with onsite supervisor and superintendent
- Identify positive and negative variances to the drilling plan and engage internal and external technical support to resolve operational challenges, document best practices and implement across the rig fleet
- Generate cost estimates and track variances for assigned operations
- Monitor KPIs and provide meaningful input in quarterly, contractor business reviews
- Establish and ensure meaningful working relationships with contractors and regulatory personnel
- Assist in regulatory permitting process
- Maintain and drive business ethics across the organization
- Communicate technical issues and can act as a company representative at industry technical forums and in dealings with business partners
- Challenge the status quo and embrace a dynamic team environment; be adaptable to change
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any US employer.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of drilling engineering experience in various environments.
- Experience in US Land Resource Plays.
- 8+ years of Drilling experience in multiple basins
- 1+ years of field based drilling experience.
- Strong knowledge of applicable software is preferred (e.g. Wellview; Compass; StressCheck; MS Office Suite; Spotfire; etc.).
- Position involves travel to South Texas / Eagle Ford asset locations once a month. 10% of the time.