Our client, a major Oil & Gas company is seeking a Drilling & Well Engineer to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 12-month contract (possible to extend).
The Drilling Engineer will be responsible for the work related to the planning of the well P&A an offshore platform in the GoM. Also, the professional will be working in the project team and is responsible for developing and delivering P&A alternatives in accordance with relevant strategies, plans, programs, time & cost and in compliance with applicable guidelines and work processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Safety in well design and execution.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams to deliver well-planned activities.
- Deliver risk assessments in activity planning.
- Ensure QA/QC of engineering deliverables in well planning.
- Compile well activity programs.
- Lead engineering design input from contractors.
- Develop and review of Well Barrier Schematics.
- Evaluate offset data and implement lessons learned, particularly in collaboration with discipline advisors.
- Evaluate and specify well equipment.
- Prepare time and cost estimates.
- Perform detailed studies into new technologies, well design and optimization projects.
- Challenge the rest of the group to ensure that the work is done cost-effectively and that future well
operations can be run in a simple and cost-effective way.
- Minimum 5 years of offshore PP&A and intervention experiences, preferably from US GoM.
- Additional D&W experience with an offshore Oil and Gas Operator
- Experience with US regulations and well integrity requirements for PP&A.